Okay, this is supposed to be a poll – but you can apparently only create LJ polls in paid accounts and this isn’t a paid account. Sigh. However we would still like to ask you a few questions about the way you choose and buy e-books, so if you would be willing to answer (either anonymously or using your name) we would be very glad to hear from you.
So, dear readers, we would be interested to know:
1. How did you find us? Was it by:
A. Word of mouth
B. Online, via another site
C. Saw a review
D. Searching online for gay fiction
E. Following a particular author
F. Other (please give us a clue!)
2. What is your sub-genre of choice?
A. Supernatural (including vampires)
B. Science fiction
C. Historical romance
D. Contemporary romance
G. Other we haven’t thought of yet!
3. What is your preferred word-count?
A. Under 45,000 words
B. 45,000 – 70,000 words
C. 70,000 – 100,000 words
D. Over 100,000 words
4. Do you prefer to buy:
A. Direct from the publisher
B. Through an online supplier/reseller who deals with many publishers?
5. How many e-books do you buy in a year?
A. Less than 12
B. More than 12 but less than 50
C. More than 50
6. What is most important to you in choosing a male/male romance?
A. Glamorous or intriguing setting
B. Explicit sex scenes
C. Happy ending
D. Reputation of the author/publisher
G. Attractive cover illustration/general presentation
H. Recommendation of a friend or reviewer
I. Slick promotional video
J. Other factors – feel free to specify!
7. We’d like to know if there’s anything else we can do to improve our service to you. We’re working on the ‘reseller’ issue which should also dispose of the reliance on PayPal which we know a lot of you don’t like – and it may also solve the problems we’ve been having with some people being unable to use our online shop facility. Other than that, however, and the inevitable fact that we can’t offer instant downloads, we’d be glad of any suggestions you may have. We don’t promise to act on all of them, but we are more than willing to consider them.
Thank you for taking part; we value all feedback from our customers and will treat it with respect.